Wednesday, July 9, 2008

Walmart boycott!

Location: WalMart
Time: 9:30 PM
Event: My sister and I were trying to find a pair of sunglasses for me in the sunglass area of the store. We had tried on a few but didn't like any of them so we set one of the pair we didn't like down at the bottom of the tray/shelving part. Approximately 30 seconds later, I hear someone jingling their keys close by. I look up and there is this Walmart employee with her hands on her hips just two feet away, jingling her keys and glaring at us.

Me: I'm sorry, do you need to lock up these sunglasses?
Walmart lady: No, I'm just waiting so I clean clean up the mess ya'll just made.

Sister: We only put down one.

Walmart lady: I'm still gonna have to clean it up.

Me (while picking up the sunglasses we put down plus some more): Don't worry, I'll get it. What was you name?

Walmart lady: Charisma.

Charisma turns away and walks back over to her boyfriend.

What I really wanted to do was slide my hand down the sunglasses letting them fall to the floor and walk away but hindsight is always 20/20. Instead I put down all the stuff I was about to buy, went straight to Customer Service where Bette Jo told us the best course of action was to fill out a comment card. So thats just what we did. We really stuck it to them. I wrote something like "I wish I had gone to Target, instead" (yeah, I know, what a burn). So I'm going to boycott Walmart, atleast for little bit, they do have amazing low prices.

9 comments:

{amy k.} said...

You are hilarious! I would've been tempted to push all the sunglasses on the floor as well.

I hate going to Wal-Mart, but the stupid low prices keep me going back.

And- Target has some nicer things.. but their return policy is HORRIBLE!

Did you end up buying any sunglasses?!

Jane said...

Good for you! For every 1 person that complains, they know there were 9 who didn't bother. Thanks for making Walmart's a better place. I want to go back when we get home and do the same thing. Just let her mess with me.....

. said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
. said...

I had to remove my last post because there were just too many typos!

Anyways, Walmart does have horrible customer service yet we all return for the prices. Honestly, you just can't beat their prices! I give your boycott a week . . . at least that is how long my walmart boycott could last before I would just have to give in.

I looooovvvvveeeee Jackson. I really hope I have a red head just like him!! He has such a cute personality. Let him know that there is no need to worry. I can assure him that there are NO tornados in San Antonio. I am perfectly safe.

Also, I want to know your take on the final bachelorette. What do you think of DeAnna's final pick?

Laura said...

Good for you indeed! I hate Wal-Mart but for some reason I still go there for some random things. I love that you said you were going to Target! So funny!

Kathy said...

I love that the Wal-mart employee actually said exactly what she was thinking. Hilarious. Many employees would have had something holding them back from lashing out at customers, I dunno, like losing their job or something.

Super B said...

I agree with everyone that has commented so far. I love Target. I don't have problems with returning stuff there at all.
WalMart is ghetto but they do have low prices. I just love the hispanic manager guy that wears tight white pants and shiny cowboy boots.

Lu and Bran Muffin said...

i love you and miss you.

Lisa said...

Wow, I guess this is a popular post to comment on, either that or you just have a hip and happening blog! I actually was successful at avoiding Walmart for longer than a month- there are a lot of things that I've found cheaper at other places- kids clothes and swim suits, groceries (they have such a limited choice anyway). Mostly I just came to realize that my time was worth more than the little bit of money I saved. Their check-out lanes are attrocious!!

 

The Three of Us | Creative Commons Attribution- Noncommercial License | Dandy Dandilion Designed by Simply Fabulous Blogger Templates