Thursday, July 3, 2008

I'm done with my books, so...

Last week I went to upstate NY for my oldest brother's engagement party. His fiance's family lives up there and they had a big soiree for everyone up there who might not be able to attend the wedding down here. And while I'm on the subject, his fiancee is so amazing. I'm so excited for them and the day when she is officially part of our family. This is the pair of them with her parents, who are also, of course, amazing people.
So, I caught a 10 am flight on Saturday and was back at home the next day at 7 pm, Sunday. Just enough time to meet up with my sisters, who drove all the way from SC and VA, go to the party, sleep and then catch my returning flight home. A lot of great things happened on the trip, though. I got this fabulous pictures of my and my siblings, minus my younger brother who lives too far away :(. I was able to spend a lot of time with my nieces and nephews. Aaron took me and the older kids on a tour of the woods behind Claud's house where there was an Indian burial ground ... so cool, but too creepy to take any pictures of the actual graves - isn't that off limits?. AND, on the returning flight they bumped me to a later flight (I was supposed to get home at 3 pm) and gave me a free round trip ticket and I got to sit in first class on the way home AND it gave me just enough time to complete my book. Overall a fantastic trip. I missed my kids and wished they were there but I also enjoyed the longest time I'd ever been away from them. The biggest thanks to Laura, Debbie, Anna, and Brandon for keeping my kids alive - you guys are the best! So anyone have any ideas where I should go for a REAL getaway!?

5 comments:

Karen said...

Suzanne, you look fabulous. It sounds like you had a fun trip. Guess what? I'm coming to FL next week. It's just the kids and me. I can't wait to see you.

lisa said...

You and your family are adorable (is that okay to say about adults?) Good for you for getting away and enjoying yourself! I can't even imagine what a real getaway would be like. We're going up to Seattle in a week (driving of course), what a trip that will be- 15 hours! We'll make a stop in Boise where my parents live to break it up, so hopefully I will be able to report back on what a great time I had!

Super B said...

I am so glad that you got to go and that the kids did good while you were away. and yes. you do look fabulous! (just like Karen said)

I am excited to see you on Thursday and to float the river.

. said...

Yeah! How fun! I am glad that you finally got to take a break!

Laura said...

Congrats to Aaron. You guys all look great! I was SO excited to see Laura... where is she!!??!?!?!?!????I want to get in touch with her.

 

The Three of Us | Creative Commons Attribution- Noncommercial License | Dandy Dandilion Designed by Simply Fabulous Blogger Templates