Sunday, September 7, 2008

Sunset


We went to the beach last week for a sunset. I can't think of anywhere I'd rather be than on a beach watching the sunset. I even have a free round trip ticket somewhere but the best vacation would involve sitting on a Gulf Coast beach watching the sunset.

Jackson and Lilly with their cousins.
Jackson was even able to see some Jellyfish (which I've only seen one in my whole life). I guess it must have been a school of them but as soon as the tide went out they were gone, or seemed to be. Jackson has had this obsession or fascination with jellyfish this summer ... we get books at the library on them and he is constantly drawing them or pretending to be one ... so funny. I guess it was a good "end of summer" event to finally see one, well, actually five.
Overall, it was a perfect evening. It really is the reason I want to live where I am forever.

5 comments:

Ashli Miller said...

Oh, you are making me so jealous. Why did I leave Florida again?

Super B said...

What a fun time. It is nice to live near the beach. I need to enjoy it more!

lisa said...

The beach, what's that?! Oh the simple joys in life! I'm enjoying the turn in the season here, it is beginning to feel like fall, but to sit on the beach and watch the sunset . . . sigh. Enjoy! By the way, you look great:0)

A.D. McClish said...

Wow, how beautiful. I miss the beach! :)

Anne said...

You're really making me miss it back there. I love the photo of all of the kids with the sun setting in the background, wonderful.

 

The Three of Us | Creative Commons Attribution- Noncommercial License | Dandy Dandilion Designed by Simply Fabulous Blogger Templates