Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Go Rays!

So I've always been a fan of the Devil Rays, now known as the Rays. I usually go to a game or two during the season but I hadn't been able to go for the past couple years which has been a little disappointing. But yesterday I got a phone call that would change that. My friends had an extra ticket to the Rays v. Red Sox game that same evening and wanted to know if I could go. Needless to say it was awesome. Our seats were maybe 8 rows behind the Rays dugout, I got to eat delicious baseball food, and I got to see some very interesting people. First there were these annoying "cheerleaders" but they didn't do any cool stunts so they were more like a pep squad. It was my first Rays experience with the squad and I found them to be very distracting and I found myself NOT wanting to cheer just because I didn't want to encourage "Team Ray". There was this guy on the cheer team, and I'm all for guy cheerleaders but it wasn't like he was holding up anyone he was just dancing and smiling ... I was embarrassed for him. I was scared they had replaced Raymond with these girls and guy, but no need to fear Raymond showed up. That thing is hilarious. Elvis was there sitting a few rows in front of us. Next time I go to a game I'm going to dress up like Dorothy from The Wizard of Oz, just for fun. The Rays weren't so hot, it was like seeing my good ol' Devil Rays again. But it didn't matterI had a blast. Thanks to the "T" family for a very needed entertaining night. This family always cracks me up! Even though the Rays totally blew it we were laughing and havin fun the whole time. That was my 2008 baseball season experience. In the mean time, I'll be praying for the Rays to make it to the playoffs.

7 comments:

Super B said...

Oh, I love that T family. I am so glad you got to go and have a good time even with the annoying cheer people and the Rays losing.

Karen said...

All I have to say is "Amen" to the Rays going to the play offs. And a bigger "Hoorah" if the Yankees don't make it!

Emily Gillrie said...

That whole game experience looked so funny!!!!

A.D. McClish said...

Wow, sounds like a very eventful game! I think I would pay money to see you and your friends go dressed as all the caracters from the Wizard of Oz. You'd probably get on TV!! But then...I'm not sure how often the Rays are on TV. ;).

Liz said...

Hi Suzanne!!! It's Liz....I always spy on your blog :) I saw Laura has one now...yay! But it's private..will you ask her to add me? lizcuster1109@yahoo.com....Thanks! Your family is just soooo adorable :)

Lacey said...

Hey Suzanne,
It's Lacey (Hammond)Crow. I just got on Laura's blog and I just had to peek at yours. You and your kids are adorable. What little cuties they look alot like you. So good to see you, at least in pictures.

Unknown said...

Now that I know you love baseball too...we definitely need to start having play dates...plus you have that awesome swing set to top it off :)
Heather & Elle

 

The Three of Us | Creative Commons Attribution- Noncommercial License | Dandy Dandilion Designed by Simply Fabulous Blogger Templates