Tuesday, September 30, 2008

The Scoville's

I miss my friend, Jami. She and her family have moved like everyone eventually does here. We met while we were both pregnant with our boys - it was her second baby, my first. We were VT companions. Since then we've been best friends. Many, many families have come and gone while we've been friends.
It has been two weeks and I still don't feel comfortable with the idea that I can't drop by her house. Or I can't have them over when I feel like not going anywhere but my kids are bored of me. I miss her great advice. I miss being able to talk to her about nothing but her being genuinely interested. I miss going to the beach, the zoo, the park with them. I miss seeing them at church. I miss all her fabulous cooking - especially her homemade tomato soup and her cookies. I know I'm going to miss her when my birthday comes around because she always made it a big deal. I just miss them. Jami, Shane, Isabel, Brigham, and Nolan have been our family for the past couple of years. It should have been a lot harder then it was without my family not being here. They made it easy. Everyone should be as lucky to have such wonderful friends. If anyone else moves, though, I think I'm going to flip out.

3 comments:

Super B said...

what a sweet post. how lucky you were to have such good friends and for us to know them as well.
I will make sure to not move...at least for a while.
thanks for having us over the other day.

A.D. McClish said...

Man, I feel your pain. But, as someone whose best friend lives in another state, I can say that the bond will never be broken. My best friend moved away about six years ago and we still call each other to talk about random things. And whenever we do see each other, we just pick up right where we left off. I'm sure your friendship will be the same way. But I know that doesn't make up for them not being near by.

. said...

What? The Scovilles left too? Where did they go? I can't believe how many people are leaving all of a sudden. I am sorry Suzanne. Odessa Branch seems to be shrinking daily.

 

The Three of Us | Creative Commons Attribution- Noncommercial License | Dandy Dandilion Designed by Simply Fabulous Blogger Templates