Tuesday, November 4, 2008

School Pictures

I LOVE school pictures. This is Jackson's preschool picture from last year.
I really do love this picture of Jackson. There are somethings I find a little humorous...a) they didn't give us a choice on the background and I have know idea who came up with the idea that this is a scene all parents want to see their children in. B) I'm not sure who the center of this picture is, Jackson or the friendly little chipmunk and his woodland gang. C) I'm curious to what they said to get Jackson to pose like this. Maybe something along the lines of "Okay now imagine your riding a motorcycle by this pond.."?? It wasn't the school picture I had in mind but I love that Jackson's cute in it and that it makes me laugh.
Moving along to this years school pictures. Note: I didn't buy this years pictures so you just get the proof.
Again, Jackson is perfect but what is going on with his arms? Who are posing these kids? And just like last year, I didn't get to see what the background was going to be till I got these proofs. Paint splatters with a ladder ... paint splatters with a ladder ... why did that feel so 1990s to me and so familiar?... Oh yeah ...
Apparently "paint splatters with a ladder" is timeless.

12 comments:

Ashli Miller said...

Suzanne, I laughed so hard! Not at you, but the post. You two know how to make paint splatters and ladders look good.

Super B said...

LOL!!! HAHAHA. Russ and I just had a great laugh. You are hilarious! That was a great post. Love it. Love the pictures and your thoughts.

. said...

I love how Jackson is posing next to some mushrooms . . . not the best message for a preschooler.

Tiffany said...

You are so funny! I was laughing so hard! And I couldn't stop when I saw that you actually had a pic of you with "paint splatters and a ladder" how funny! Thanks for the humor! =)

H&D COX said...

You are so hilarious!

Laura said...

HA HA HA!!! This is super funny and also super cute! Jackson is darling in these pictures. I also love how you are holding a paintbrush like you just made all the paint splatter... LOL!

{amy k.} said...

haha classic! You really do just gotta love school pictures! :) Seriously though, who comes up with those backdrops?! Cute pictures though- both of Jackson and you, love it!

Jenny said...

This is hilarious! And I have a splatter school picture too. Some things never change I guess.

A.D. McClish said...

Oh. My. Gosh. I laughed so hard whern I read this. Freaking hilarious. Sigh... I needed this tonight. :)

Lisa said...

That is classic! Makes you appreciate the kiddie kandids free birthday pictures huh? i don't think I've ever seen a school picture that wasn't a little frightening!

kristywolf said...

OMG.....you are too funny! You are right 'paint splatters and a ladder' are timeless.

BTW: Your affirmation for the day is I am beautiful and I take beautiful pictures even in 1990!

Kathy said...

Seriously, the paint splatter backdrop is timeless as well totally neutral. I mean, what doesn't go with that?

 

The Three of Us | Creative Commons Attribution- Noncommercial License | Dandy Dandilion Designed by Simply Fabulous Blogger Templates