Sunday, June 8, 2008

A Quick Trip

I know people usually create travel blogs of super amazing trips to exotic places but I thought you might want to read about my mini excursion to Bluffton, SC, which is the mainland city of Hilton Head Island. It was my oldest sister's and her daughter's (my niece's) birthdays this week. So Tuesday I decided I'd pack up the kids and drive the 5 1/2 hour drive to see her on Thursday. It was spur of the moment, yes, but I had no time to psych myself out of it. We just went. I'm so glad we did we had a blast! The day we got there, again, which was Thursday, we went to this brand new indoor play center, which is just what my kids needed after being in the car the WHOLE time (I never got them out - we just drove and drove). Then we met up with my brother in law and went out to dinner. We hardly ever go out to eat, not that I don't love too, because I do ... just because me by myself taking two kids under 4 out to dinner alone just isn't that fun. So going out to eat is really fun and my kids loved it. Lilly especially LOVED dessert. Then we came home and sang Happy Birthday, and ate cake, and crashed. On Friday morning, we went to their community pool for a couple hours came home to eat lunch then spent the rest of the day out at a beach on Hilton Head. It was a perfect day, and I had never seen my kids so entertained. Everywhere we went there were kids to play with and usually there was another Jackson, which I'm determined is the most popular name for boys in Hilton Head, SC). I'm sorry I didn't take any pictures on this day but we did come home and eat this "Monster Pizza" which motivated me to whip out the cam. Saturday we woke up and headed home. And by the time I got home I never wanted to get in the car again but I'm fine today. I'd have to say I'm really glad we went and I'm really glad my sister lives in such a fun place. Here is a picture of my sisters girls and my kids right before we left.

6 comments:

Brie said...

I cannot believe how BIG Hannah is! I remember when she was a teeny-tiny newborn! Man we are getting old :)

Super B said...

wow...what a great trip! It looks like it was perfect. I also can't believe how big J's kids are getting!
of course,your little punkins are getting big too! can't wait to come over!

. said...

Wow! That is the cutest picture EVER of Lilly on the ball!! It looks like you guys had sooo much fun! Short vacations are the best because they allow you to get away for awhile but they don't mess up your routine. I hope you guys are having fun in Tampa! I miss you guys already :(

Lisa said...

Good for you for taking a little 'vacation.' I don't know if I'll be as brave as you- my hubby is going to Wisconsin for 10 days- I either try to survive by myself in Utah or make a 6 1/2 hour trip to Idaho with my 3 kids. Both I fear will suck! Isn't it so nice to get the kids together with their cousins?! They seem to just love it!

Jane said...

Such sweet pictures! Lilly's photo in the watermelon dress is priceless. You captured such great moments of the weekend. The pizza was a monster. So wonderful of you to drive up to SC and make Hannah's birthday so special.I was reading in the June Ensign that time is the greatest of all gifts, you gave much.

Anne said...

Man I wish I had been there with you! We miss you over here, when are we going to get a last minute visit?

 

The Three of Us | Creative Commons Attribution- Noncommercial License | Dandy Dandilion Designed by Simply Fabulous Blogger Templates